787-431-4216 (text welcome) / Rincón Puerto Rico & Los Angeles Cali
Pain management through targeted stretching, exercises and palpation. This is not a Doctor’s Office and we do not offer Massage Therapy. Visit our Self Care pages to get an idea of what we are talking about.
Sessions are $100. The goal is NOT to keep you coming back for more sessions but to send you away, after just 1 session, with the knowledge to manage your pain. Follow up emails, direction and communications to help elevate or minimize your pain are included in 1 session pricing.
Neuromuscular, TrPt, PNF Therapies
Neuromuscular Therapy addresses Trigger Points, TrPt, which are predictable and repeatable pain patterns caused by tiny knots that develop in a muscle when it is injured, overworked and/or unhealthy. TrPt usually send their pain to some other part of the body. This is the reason conventional treatment can fail. It’s a mistake to assume that the problem is at the place that hurts! Travell and Simons’ research has shown that TrPt are the primary cause of pain seventy-five percent of the time and are at least a part of nearly every pain problem. TrPt can cause headaches, neck and jaw pain, low back pain, tennis elbow, carpal tunnel syndrome, etc.
There are times when muscles cause the same type pain and symptoms associated with clinical conditions, for example; Thoracic Outlet Syndrome, Carpel Tunnel, Sciatica, Tennis Elbow, Headaches etc. There are also times when the muscle in pain is not the source of the pain. Knowing these muscle pain patterns is a central theme to NMT. NMT takes into account, Trigger Points as well as the origin, insertion, action & function of a muscle
When dealing with clients not only do I consider NMT but overall muscle health, such as, hydration, nutrition, heat, ice, nervous system/stress, stretching and self-massage are all explored in an effort to elevate pains and achieve optimal sport and life goals.
I work with clients to elevate and manage pain. This includes attention by the client while not in the massage session. Most often, there is a perpetuating factor involved in serious discomfort. Causes can range from nutrition to sleep positions to shoes to daily activities to stress to previous injuries and to body dimensions. If you are willing to explore these issues, I am willing to help. It takes client and therapist to achieve!
I have been practicing Neuromuscular Therapy for over 10 years. I was educated at the highly accredited Western Institute of Neuromuscular Therapy. My clients over the years have included NASCAR, Basketball, Football and Baseball Professionals . As well as high level non-professional athletes and clients who have suffered car or work related injuries. Even those clients who suffer pain from issues that can not be altered, pain management can be achieved by identifying and addressing those secondary muscles involved.
787-431-4216 (text welcome) Rincón Puerto Rico & Los Angeles Cali.
What Clients Say …
- At this time last year my wrists hurt so much that I was wearing braces just to bear the pain of setting up tables at work. This year that problem doesn’t exit, thanks to you! Showing me how to stretch on a door-frame was pure gold, and you made it easy for me to do my own research.
- Best and most skilled.
- Having traveled for four months with quadriceps tendinitis, I was so happy Cynthia was able to fit me in for a consultation. The treatment was very thorough and helped a great deal. Cynthia was entirely focused on finding the source of the problem, shared what she was doing throughout and why, and gave me some very handy stretches to do while on the move. Cynthia is clearly experienced in sports therapy and very knowledgeable about the muscular system – I felt in very safe hands!
- CC, Just wanted to thank you. It was really good. I liked the fact that I was not destroyed the next day. I will definitely call you next time, I wish you were closer as this body always needs some work. There was no pain on my leg after.. (2011 Triathlete – Division Winner)
- Cyndi is the best therapist I have ever had. She dosen’t hurt you, yet applies enough pressure to help what ever is ailing you. Her knowledge of the muscular system is incredible.
- Cynthia, I have to say that your session may have been the best ever. You clearly know a lot about sports medicine. It was the perfect. Thank you and good luck!
- I can’t tell you how much better my shoulder/back & armpit area feels. Those muscles and that area was extremely sore and it has opened up my breathing a lot more. I was impressed with your knowledgeable and ability to explain things in layman’s terms for me. I will be scheduling another session very soon. Very professional and very good at identifying the problem areas. I look forward to continued therapy. I am sleeping much better since my session.
- Loved the sports therapy!!! Looking forward tothe next session!
- Cynthia has a great knack of explaining the connection between the pain I am feeling and the complexity of the muscles triggering that pain. Her motto, Pain is Inevitable, Suffering is Optional” is right on target and her sessions are the best!
- Frustrated with long-term, chronic shoulder pain, I’ve worked with dozens of massage therapists and physical therapists. The result was generally the same, some immediate relief, but nothing long-lasting. Your sports therapy was different. My shoulder pain began to subside for longer and longer periods of time following your sports therapy sessions.Whether you are having problems with old injuries or just want to feel a sense of wellness throughout your body, you’ll find it here.
- Diane and I both were greatly pleased by our experiences…. professional but warm in demeanor, and the treatments provided were very beneficial.
- I am a person who gets regular massage therapy …… i can honestly say your sports therapy was different and superior. the BEST pain reflief i have ever had! Yours is such an inviting, warm and relaxing environment
- I called my wife on the way home and told her that I just had the best pain and muscle relief I’ve ever had. I think your attention to detail and talking me through what was working. I was really surprised about my calves in particular. I’ll work on the stretching and I’ll be back! Thanks for such great work!
- As a Professional Basketball player my body and muscles know good pain relief, Cynthia is one of the best.
- Due to my rigorous and consistent circuit training with my trainer, your therapy and home care advice has done wonders, keeping me ready for my demanding workouts! You are all very thorough and I highly recommend to others.
- I am a professional race car driver and my whole body takes a beating … but especially my legs. Cynthia is one of the few therapists that work my legs with as much attention to all the muscles as I have ever found. Most therapist seem to ‘kill time’ working the back, not knowing how many issues my legs can have. Thank you Cynthia
All these pages of self care are very dynamic. Although I have been specializing in Sports & Neuromuscular Therapy for over 10 years I had never taken the time to document what clients find the most helpful – and what are the more common aches and pains that home care can help. So check back often or email me if you want more information in a specific area. Some items that can help with home care.
If the pain you are experiencing is new always consider a notebook to document your activities to notice a pattern or changed activity that can be causing the new discomfort. Keep in mind even the most innocent of activities, if repeated can put a muscle into a pain cycle. Never stretch or palpate past the point of ‘comfort’. Sometimes the worst thing my clients do is continue to move in a way that causes the discomfort. I like to use the analogy of a cut that has a scab. You don’t continue to pick at the scab if you want it to heal. That said, if you have an intense pain that continues and is more systemic than localized please visit a medical Doctor or Chiropractor.
Pain Below The Knee?
Check out our Lower Leg Pain page
Hip, Glut & Low-Back Pain?
Check out our Hip, Glut & Low-Back Pain page
Mid Back Pain?
Check out our Mid Back Pain page
Check out our Neck Pain page